Getting married is complicated – especially when either party brings significant assets to the union. Whether you seek to protect assets, clarify financial expectations, or simply provide a roadmap for the future, our team in Atlanta, Georgia, is dedicated to helping you craft a prenuptial agreement that is suited for your immediate and long-term goals.
Ready to Get Started?
Starting off on the right foot
Are prenuptial agreements right for me?
Who Needs a Prenup?
You might think prenups are for the rich and famous, but this just isn’t the case. We draft agreements for couples from all walks of life looking to protect current and future assets. Here are a few situations where prenuptial agreements can be helpful.
- People bringing significant wealth or assets (company stock, real estate, trusts, inheritance) to the marriage.
- Entrepreneurs and business owners looking to safeguard their businesses from potential division.
- Prenuptial agreements can outline how debts acquired before or during the marriage will be managed, preventing one spouse from assuming the other’s financial liabilities.
- People with unique or valuable assets like art collections, intellectual property, or rare possessions may want to protect these assets through a prenuptial agreement.
- Those planning to inherit significant assets often use prenuptial agreements to keep those assets separate and ensure they remain with the intended beneficiary.
- Individuals with children from previous marriages may use prenuptial agreements to ensure that their assets are preserved for their children’s inheritance.
prenuptial agreement services
How our law firm can help
While the expectation is for you and your spouse to live happily ever after, things don’t always work out that way and there are times when your agreement needs to be enforced or changed. That’s where we help.
At Barnhart Family Law, we specialize in helping you draft and enorce solid prenuptial agreements but also helping invalidate the bad ones. You need a fighter on your side to get what you deserve and we’re here to help.
Additionally, if you’re already married and your circumstances have changed, we can help draft postnuptial agreements to give you security peace of mind as you continue your union.
“I felt a huge sense of relief after deciding to work with the Barnhart team for my divorce. They are highly knowledgeable, experienced, and professional, but they are also kind and real people. I always felt comfortable to speak freely and ask lots of questions. From that first meeting to the last, they made me feel like I would get through this hard thing! I truly cannot recommend the Barnhart team highly enough.”
– Abbey C.
Where We work
Servicing Greater Atlanta
While our practice is conveniently located in North Buckhead/Sandy Springs, we have successfully fought for clients across greater Atlanta and are licensed to practice anywhere in the state of Georgia.